Meet the Firm
Neil W. Scarborough
Neil is an Outer Banks native whose family can trace its ties to the area back for more than three centuries. He played baseball from childhood to High School and remains an avid fan. In his spare time he enjoys boating and fishing, sports, woodworking, and playing guitar. He is an accomplished guitarist and woodworker. He is also an avid student of legal and political philosophy and enjoys reading, especially works dealing with politics, religion, and law.
Education and Professional Standing
Neil earned his undergraduate degree from East Carolina University, where he studied philosophy and business. He was on the Dean’s List during each semester of attendance, was included in the National Dean’s List, and earned membership in several honor societies, including the National Society of Collegiate Scholars. He earned his Juris Doctor from Regent University Law School, which he attended on a merit scholarship.
- B.A., East Carolina University, 2004
- J.D., Regent University Law School, 2007
Neil is admitted to practice before all courts in the State of North Carolina, as well as the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina.
- Law clerk to the Honorable Jerry R. Tillett, resident Superior Court Judge for the 1st Judicial District, Summer of 2005.
- Law clerk with Aldridge, Seawell, Spence & Felthousen, LLP, Summer of 2005.
- Law clerk with Aldridge, Seawell, Spence & Felthousen, LLP, Summer of 2006.
- Associate attorney with Dan L. Merrell & Associates, P.C., 2007 to 2009.
- Solo practice, 2009 to present.
Professional Associations and Areas of Interest
- Professional Associations. Neil is a member of the North Carolina Bar Association, including the General Practice and Litigation sections, as well as the North Carolina Advocates for Justice (formerly the N.C. Academy of Trial Lawyers).
- Areas of Interest. Neil’s primary professional interests include the law of Contracts and Torts, especially as issues involving those areas of law arise in the context of small business ownership and operation, with an emphasis on civil litigation. Neil's other areas of interest include domestic relations and family law; the rights of creditors and debtors; and the law related to the ownership and use of real property, including landlord-tenant law.
Christy R. Siefferman
Christy is a Virginia native. In addition to being a full-time paralegal and office manager, she is a homemaker and devoted mother of two girls.
Experience and Professional Standing
Christy has been in the legal field for over 16 years. Before joining the Scarborough Law Firm, P.C., Christy was a legal assistant at Hill & Rainey in Virginia, where she assisted T.O. Rainey, III. She also served as office manager at the firm. Prior to joining Hill & Rainey, she served as legal assistant with Johnson & Paul in Virginia, assisting Attorney Paul until he was elected Commonwealth's Attorney for Prince George County, Virginia.
In addition to her duties as a legal assistant, Christy serves as the general office admnistrator.